Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie PenPal Reveal.

   So it is October 1st and time to reveal my foodie penpal. Tasha Arevalo from Houston Texas. What a trooper Tasha was she had a box all ready for me then was in a car accident and the box was destroyed. After letting me know what happened told me she was putting together another box (what a trooper).
   So here is what was in my box.
 
   So Tasha sent me Double stuffed Oreo cookies, Goldfish crackers, little box's of cereal and Nutella. Tasha has sent my the store equivalent of the recipe's she had made to try and send the recipe's to me. The First one is Easy Cheesy Crackers.
 All you need is 1 cup whole-wheat flour
 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into tablespoon size chunks
 4 oz. or 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese... The sharper the cheese the cheesier the crackers.

 Also Homemade Nuttella.
 1 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
 1 1/2 cups whole milk
 3/4 cup powdered milk
 1 Tbsp mild-flavored honey
 pinch of salt
 1 heaping cup pf chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, or chips
 1 scant cup chopped mike chocolate, or chips

Now Homemade Oreos.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

The filling.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons half and half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3-3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, whisked to remove any lumps

Thank you Tasha for making my very first Foodie Penpal a great one.
And if you are interested in in the program click on my button on the right side of my page..


     

No comments:

Post a Comment